Host Your Own Flu Clinic
Influenza can seriously impact your workplace – adversely affecting the lives of employees and taking its toll on productivity. Each year, on average, 5-20% of the U.S. population gets the flu, tens of thousands are hospitalized and thousands die from flu-related illness. This costs an estimated $10.4 billion a year in direct medical expenses and an additional $16.3 billion in lost earnings annually.
Organizations can play an important role in preventing flu, protecting your community’s health and reducing losses in productivity and revenue.
Tips for Planning A Flu Clinic
- Access the CDC Toolkit for Businesses and Employers.
- Utilize CDC Materials to Promote Vaccination.
- Contact your health insurance plan provider, benefits coordinator or pharmacy to ask about hosting an on-site clinic.
- Educate employees about flu symptoms so workers stay home while they are contagious.
- Improve hygiene at work locations by encouraging hand washing and providing sanitizing lotions throughout the workplace.
- Review telecommuting policies to let employees take home laptops and work from home if necessary.
- Have contingency plans for vital work in case all else fails and much of its workforce is laid up with the flu.
Statewide Resources for Flu Clinic
|Pharmacies (call your local pharmacy to inquire)|
Northern Nevada Resources
|Northern Nevada Medical Center Immunization Center|
Southern Nevada Area Providers
|Maxim Health Systems|
|Quest Diagnostics / Summit Health|
|Vaccine Center & Travel Medicine Clinic|